Shopping on the Internet 9:55 AM

This is a guest post by Frank Swinson

Before signing up with my current Internet provider, going online was almost more trouble than it was worth. I was trapped in a dial-up nightmare, unable to enjoy many of the things that my friends with high-speed Internet services were able to without a second thought. Half the time, I'd head over to the library to do research and other important work; it was way better than getting booted off every time my telephone rang, or waiting for what felt like ages just to download a single file. I was never a huge fan of dial-up, but I always figured that high-speed Internet was beyond my financial means.

From the first minute that I logged onto the Internet after signing up with hughesnet, I couldn't believe what a huge difference there was. With dial-up, shopping online was pretty much a joke; it was actually faster for me to get in my car, drive to the store and stand in long lines than it was to shop online using dial-up. Once I signed up with satellite internet though, I could finally see why online shopping is so wildly popular. The speed and convenience was incredible.

These days, when I need to do important research I just need to sit down at my desk and open up my Internet browser. My internet is always ready to go, and I'm connected in no time flat. I've finally been able to sign up for fun social networking services like Facebook and Twitter now, too, since I'm not stuck in the dark ages of dial-up any more. There's no doubt about it: my internet has been a lifesaver, and I'd recommend it to absolutely anyone.

0 comments: